We know what it takes to produce a branded video that evokes an emotional response in your audience. We need an in-depth brief before we dive deep into researching your brand and audience, and only then move into creative development.
Here’s what’s involved in creating a branded video with us:
1 - BRIEF
We want to hear all about your brand, audience and goals. The more you can tell us here, the more informed our first meeting can be. Some of the questions we’ll ask you include:
- Who is your audience?
- What are you hoping to achieve with this video?
- Do you already have ideas in the tank? Will we be rolling out another agency’s creative, or will we be developing ideas for, or in collaboration, with you?
- What role does this video play in your overall marketing strategy?
- How good do you want it to look? Show us the production values you are aiming for. Share links from a few examples of other videos you want to emulate.
- What is your budget?
Once we understand your scope, we’ll touch base to learn more about your brand and how you want your audience to feel after they’ve watched the video.
2 - CONCEPTS
With the brief in hand, we work up ideas for how our concept for your branded video content will resonate with your audience. Of course, with marketing, developing a strong call to action is critical to ensure your video plays its part in achieving your goals.
3 - PITCH SIGNOFF
Once you’re happy with the concepts, we formalise the scope, budget and creative ideas into a project agreement. This gives both you and us a chance to confirm our working relationship and agree on the expected output.
4 - RESEARCH
Before we move further into creative development/refinement, we get to know your brand and audience more intimately. This phase enables us to truly understand how to emotionally connect with your audience, and how to authentically communicate your brand story, key messages and calls-to-action.
We then hold a discovery workshop with you and do our own further research to get a better view of:
- Your brand values, key value propositions and how you want to be perceived.
- The campaign and video goals - the messages you want to deliver, and the outcomes you’re hoping for
- Your audience - who are they and what’s important to them?
- Your feedback - how we can enhance our initial concepts
- Your competitors - how you want to stand out from the crowd
We also request copies of your brand assets, such as your logos, style guide and tone of voice strategy. This helps us to get the video spot-on in terms of visual and tonal consistency with your other marketing material.
With all this in hand, we work up ideas for how the video’s concept and call-to-action will resonate with your audience to evoke a response that helps meet your goals.
5 - CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT
We now start to brainstorm how we’ll bring the video to life. We begin this process internally, drawing on our highly experienced team of producers, directors and cinematographers. We work through ideas for the content, filming style, colour, sound, music, talent and locations.
For each of these, we focus on what will best emotionally connect with the hopes, dreams, fears or desires of your audience. We start to map out the script and pre-interview the people you’ve earmarked to be in the video too.
We know that the best videos are born of creative collaboration. That’s why we refine the creative concept with you as we go.
This is a fluid part of the process where we work together on the script, choose the best on-camera talent, develop and define the shot list and confirm all other creative elements.
6 - PRE-PRODUCTION
Once we’ve settled on the script and approach, we move into pre-production mode.
Here we plan and organise the full video shoot, taking care of all the heavy lifting for you.
That includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Pre-interviewing potential speakers (talent)
- Casting and booking talent
- Hiring crew
- Sourcing all camera, grip and lighting gear
- Scouting and booking locations
- Organising permits
- Securing travel arrangements
- Sourcing catering
We keep you in the loop and responsibly bring the project in on time and on budget. During this phase, we also draft the post-production schedule so you can be clear on delivery dates once the shoot is booked in.
7 - SHOOT
Now it’s time for the magic to happen. Join us on set and be part of all the action. We talk you through the process and get your signoff on key shots, so you can feel confident that the shoot aligns with the vision we’ve agreed on.
What is it like to be on set with us?
- Our 20+ years of experience has taught us how to shoot as efficiently as possible, so we keep the project on time and on budget.
- You work alongside experienced professionals who leave their egos at the door.
- We’re committed to safe, ethical and sustainable filming practices. These include making everyone feel comfortable to get the best out of any on-screen talent , especially those who may not feel natural in front of the camera.
- We’re proud to be an extension of your brand as we work with your stakeholders, volunteers and customers. We want to make you look good and only improve those relationships with our interactions.
- We’re agile and quickly troubleshoot unforeseen issues.
- We have a lot of fun. Our processes have evolved to mitigate risk. This allows everyone on set to enjoy their role and the process of creating branded content.
8 - POST-PRODUCTION
Back in the edit suite, we get to work on cutting together your story. In the first draft we share with you, we aim to have our edit 80-90% of the way to the final video.
It’s easy for you to share your feedback with us via online review tools. From there, we take your notes, make the changes and fine-cut the film, before we send it back to you for approval.
Once you’ve signed off, the video goes through colour grading and audio mastering to enhance its look and sound. At this point, we also create other versions of the video if required. There are lots of great ways to leverage your new branded video such as 60-, 30- and 15-second versions for social media channels!
9 - MASTERING OUT & DELIVERY
In this final step, we create all the various channel formats, then add closed captions, translations and transcriptions as required. Finally, we deliver your videos to you digitally, so it’s easy for you to publish and share them.